Our hard work has paid off!
Today, the revamped SlingPlayer for iPad was recognized as a 2014 International CES Innovations Design and Engineering Awards Honoree by a judging panel of independent industrial designers, engineers and trade media. SlingPlayer for iPad was selected for its outstanding design and engineering in cutting-edge consumer electronic products. (Sling Media’s SVP/GM Michael Hawkey is pictured right, holding the award.)
Last October, we launched SlingPlayer for iPad and talked about it on the Slingbox blog. It is the ultimate first and second screen app. for use by Slingbox owners both inside and outside the home and includes the following features.
- Watch home TV content on the most popular Internet-connected PCs, Macs, tablets or smartphones – virtually anywhere in the world.
- Discover content with the rich, visually appealing interface that enables easy navigation with a single tap of the screen.
- Take advantage of the split-screen navigation to browse other content in the guide, view show details or engage on social media – all while streaming live TV.
- Use the iPad as an in-home remote control.
- Look up stats of your favorite sports teams or athletes – while watching the live game.
- Use Thuuz’s sports discovery engine that rates the excitement level of each game in real time to determine which games are worth watching at any given time.
Check out the press release for full details or, if you’re at the show, drop by for a live demo of SlingPlayer for iPad at Booth 8234 in the Central Hall and meet some of the key members of the product team.