Smack dab in the middle of the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics, we’re breaking away from snow and ice to focus on a sport that the US dominates no matter what the season: Basketball.
From February 14-16, 2014, All-Star Weekend descends on NOLA to shine a spotlight on some of the NBA’s best and brightest young talent. Check out some of the main activities listed below (Eastern times shown):
Friday, Feb. 14
- 7 p.m. | Sprint NBA All-Star Celebrity Game | ESPN
- 9 p.m. | BBVA Compass Rising Stars Challenge | TNT
Saturday, Feb. 15
- 8 p.m. | TNT NBA Tip-Off | TNT
- 8:30 p.m. | State Farm All-Star Saturday Night | TNT
- Sears Shooting Stars (1st Event)
- Taco Bell Skills Challenge (2nd Event)
- Foot Locker Three-Point Contest (3rd Event)
- Sprite Slam Dunk (4th Event)
Sunday, Feb. 16
- 8 p.m. | 63rd NBA All-Star Game | TNT
Don’t freak out if you won’t be home to watch a specific event. That’s what Slingbox is for. Hook it up at home, download the app on your mobile device and watch all broadcasts in real time no matter where you are in the world.
Take it from Chris Paul, guard for the Los Angeles Clippers and 2014 All-Star participant. If the guy’s not playing basketball, he’s watching it with his Slingbox. Look at this recent USA Today interview below to find out how Slingbox fits into his game-playing strategy as a pro athlete.
Good luck to Chris and all the other participating All-Star players. Come Monday, give us something we can talk about, guys!